Wednesday, July 18, 2012

i survived...



...the month of self-inflicted mental torture (since my consultation)
...the clear liquid diet
...the (bowel) prep
...the colonoscopy procedure

My lovely doctor said that I have a "very clean colon" :-)

For those of you who know that I am the biggest chicken on earth when it comes to doctors and are asking if I would be hesitant about doing this again -- the answer is "no".  The worst part is the bowel prep.  But, my thoughtful husband hooked up his laptop in the bathroom for me so that I could watch "on demand" episodes of Seinfeld...and...My Blue Heaven (one of my favorite movies to watch when I need a bit of cheering up).  I watched 4 episodes of Seinfeld and My Blue Heaven -- twice -- and finished the prep at 1:30 this morning.  I had 4 hours of sleep, then had to be up by 5:30 to shower, etc.. and then off to the "colon spa".

I just ate my first solid food in 2 days and now I think it's time for me to take a nap. :-)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    Thanks for sharing all of those gories. I had that done 3 years ago, isn't it a little late for your first colonoscopy? Anyway, glad everything turned out okay. The prep is just the worst and thank goodness, my colon is clean too, would I hesitate doing it again, for sure....

    TAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I am a little behind on this (hee...hee...) Did I mention how much of a "chicken" I am when it comes to doctors? Better late than never... :-)

      Delete
  2. I came to visit and saw this post. I have to tell you that I had the same thing done 2 days before you and had been trying to avoid the procedure since I turned 50. I'm now 51 and thought since it's summer and I'm off work that maybe I should have it done. I'm happy it's over and I don't have to go back for 10 years. Yippee!!!! Now on to the mammogram in two days time then I'm done for the year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)