Sunday, September 9, 2012

~ halloween costume progress...

~*~

~ halloween costume progress...
If you have been following my blog, you'll notice that the previous post was gone for a bit.  My client and I had a bit of a tete-a-tete {disagreement} regarding costume construction.  I threw up my hands, removed the previous post from my blog and told my client she would have to pick out a "bagged" costume at the store.  During the week we took a trip to Party City, and tried on "the most horribly constructed halloween costume ever".  My client now realizes that the fittings I ask her to do -- mostly against her will because she is just s-o-o-o busy -- are definitely an essential part of costume construction.  Thank you Party City

Because of the *unexpected* delay, this is how far I am in the costume construction as of this writing.  Sofia wants to be the "Corpse Bride" -- but not exactly...  So, I need to get into the mind of an imaginative 11 year old and figure out what that means.  I spent a couple of hours yesterday, thinking... cutting... making mistakes... thinking... recutting...  I stopped because my brain was exhausted from trying to keep pace with an 11 year old.  Then, this morning, as I was eating breakfast, Sofia walked by the table where I have this laid out and commented...

I LOVE IT!


Thanks!  I needed that! :-)

~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)