Wednesday, June 17, 2009

calm before the...




It is the day before the last day of school. Sofia has been home with a cold/sore throat thingie. She looked and felt much better this morning -- so we packed her up and sent her off on the bus. I'm sign out Mom today -- so instead of the bus, she'll be getting a ride home in the car. The lilies on the side of the porch are all blooming -- and I'm happy it stopped raining so we can at least enjoy them for a bit. Sofia commented on them -- she said "Mommy, doesn't it seem like the lilies are always blooming when it's the last day of school?" There's a lesson in gardening here that I'm sure she will realize some day...

Oh, yes... just when the yard looks the loveliest -- did I mention the pool guy is coming to dig up our backyard on Friday? Yup, that's the way it works in my world. I believe it's the whole feng shui, ying yang, balance thing at work. Most of the time I do a pretty good job at leveling the see-saw -- but then there are some things that are out of control. For those things, I just concentrate on my inner balance..."oooohhhhhmmmmm"!

Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be lots of pool pictures and stories. I have about 30 minutes more of quiet and then I'm off -- accompanied by the dog -- to sign out the first and second graders for the last time! Do I feel a tear at the corner of my eye? In September, Sofia will be in a different building than she is now. It is closer to home, and, a good change for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)