Tuesday, December 22, 2009

mom...can you help me make a magic circle...

Okay -- I will help you after I finish...

making beds

doing some laundry

vacuuming the kitchen

baking the brownies
~*~

~*~

making lunch for you and Nicholas

helping Nicholas with religion homework

wrapping gifts

cooking dinner

hemming your pants

But, mom, I can help you with those things (except I am not doing religion homework with Nicholas at all).

Okay, it's a deal!
~*~

~*~
So, yesterday turned out to be not so bad at all. :-) In case you don't know, the "magic ring" is a few crocheted chain stitches surrounding a circle of yarn. Sofia has picked up her crocheting again, and is working on some cute little amugurumi figures. After we figured out how to make the "magic ring" she worked diligently by herself for about an hour and finished the head to the "dogbot" she is making. Both the finished crocheted head and a picture of the dogbot are shown in the picture above. She pulled out the stitches quite a few times and redid them. But now, I think she's getting the hang of it! The book she is working from is: Crobots by Nelly Pailloux
I think I accomplished more than I had planned -- and, we even had a chance to watch some of "The Nutcracker" ballet on TV before falling asleep. It was the "best" snow day ever! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)