Monday, March 7, 2011

another project...

Here is the beginning of a project that I started this weekend.  To continue with my "use what you have" for March, I decided to dig way down in my stash...  These are fabrics that I purchased before Sofia was born --   now that would be going on 10 years.  If you're wondering about the colors -- they are supposed to represent  the colors in Nicholas' Lego Bionicle collection.  I was going to make him a quilt -- but then Sofia happened... :-)  Anyhow, I found a pattern over at the ModaBakeShop blog courtesy of KarrieLyne from (such a cute name).  The pattern is easy, but makes a big visual impact -- so I thought I would give it a try.

Here are the fabric strips that I cut.

This small square is made up of 15 separate pieces sewn together.

And, of course, something for Nicholas just wouldn't be right if it didn't have a little bit of red added to it!

It doesn't look like much, yet, but I only gave myself 2 hours on Saturday afternoon to play with this.  Now, that I have the idea in my head, I think the rest of it will go a bit more quickly.  This will eventually be a pillow.   I would like to also make a matching quilt for Nicholas -- but that will have to wait until after the quilt for my bed.

to be cont'd... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)