Thursday, April 5, 2012

springtime awakenings...

Since we had such a mild winter, I am wondering what mysteries the conservation area will unfold.  I am tempted to walk over there and perhaps take a young seedling, or, two...  But, since the conservation area is protected, that would be illegal.  Most people don't know about the laws that protect areas such as this.  Basically, these laws state that you cannot add anything to these areas (such as dumping trash, grass, dirt, leaves, dog poo, etc.) and you cannot withdraw anything, (such as plants, rocks, pinecones, etc.)  I totally appreciate these laws, and because of them, I can look out my front door and see the beauty in the photo below.

signs of spring

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/yoursafety.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)