Saturday, June 1, 2013

~ vintage photo Saturday...

Photo of my father, wearing his summertime loafers.  He only wore them after he had finished working for the day and bathed -- and then he put on some Old Spice cologne...  My grandmother is sitting on his knee -- and even though she looks a bit serious in this photo, she probably giggled after it was taken. :-)


~ a bit of Staten Island history...

You can click on the photo to take you over to my flickr stream where you can learn a little bit more about it.

This hot and humid close enough to summertime weather puts me in a vintagey mood.  You know, the kind of mood where you want to sit outside on the porch, drink a cool glass of lemonade, and have a light hearted chat with someone...

I'm off to do just that :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    So happy I decided to take a look. Is the M on the door McDermott or Mariocca?

    KF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's grandma's "little house" as she liked to call it -- so M is for McDermott. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)