Tuesday, June 30, 2009

goodbye, June...

Today, it was HOT! It started out HOT this morning as soon as I woke up. I am a non-air conditioning kind of gal -- but there was not a breeze in sight -- so the air conditioning went on at 8 a.m. Rick arrived home from work at 9 a.m. -- he worked the 2 a.m to 8 a.m. shift -- so the day started out a bit backwards.

The pool guys showed up about 1 p.m. -- at about the hottest part of the day. The poor guy who was troweling the vermulite bottom said it felt like it was about 130 degrees inside the walls of the pool. I couldn't even watch those guys work -- I felt like I was guilty/responsible for them having to be out in that blazing hot sun -- which is partially right because if we weren't having a pool built then they wouldn't have been out there, but, they probably would be somewhere else in the blazing hot sun, but, I wouldn't know about it, and, I wouldn't feel guilty/responsible about it. So, they quit for the day when we had our daily dose of rain at about 4 p.m. The bottom is not finished, and they said they would do a touch-up on whatever the rain tossed around.




For this evening, we'll just practice our technique... A liner and water for the un-birthday is quite possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)