Wednesday, August 10, 2011

happy wednesday...

I finally planted some hollyhock seeds! It only took me 4 years ;-)  The seed package says that they should germinate in 2 weeks -- it took them 1 week.  It also says they will flower within 365 days.  Yup, that's right.  I am hoping that is correct, because I want to see their happy flowers in August of next year -- when all the other flowers are fading (like the lily plant in the photo).  What's with all that mulchy mulch in the rock garden area?  That is from the thunderstorms we had these past two days.  Hmmm... I kind of remember that Rick fixed that problem.  Guess Ma Nature outsmarted him.  Hey, did you notice my happy portulaca in the photo?  We didn't plant those guys either.  The backyard seems to be a safe harbor for little seeds...


And, big seeds too!  While I was taking the photo of the wannabee hollyhocks, I felt something watching me. I turned around and saw these guys...

They remind me of happy, smiling faces...

happy

bashful

dopey

And, a sad face too...

sleepy


I'm off to a gorgeous happy day!  Hope you are too.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)