Monday, February 22, 2010

super talent...

Remember these waifs and strays?




They're new home is almost complete! Okay, so you're scratching your head and thinking -- what am I looking at? I'll explain. The unpainted wood that is nailed to the wall is the base for the new bench located by the back door. That is the easy part. What I am loving is the half wall that my super talented husband constructed (as per my design request). This was an item on our "list of things to do" before our house was even built. The builder was not flexible regarding such things at that point in history -- before the great economic collapse -- and shook his head to this alteration in the house blueprint. So... instead of focusing on the negative -- I am happy to show you the positive. Oh, and while I'm at it -- don't forget that the closet behind the new bench area was also constructed by my super talented husband (see pic below taken during my 2008 flu episode).



Let's see... What's missing in this picture? Closet, half wall, hardwood floor (to the right of Tahu), upper curtains in kitchen, curtain on back door, area rug under kitchen table. Sofia is so little -- and she has bangs!

I know what you might be thinking. But even "super talent" has its limits. So hold those requests, and, then, maybe, after he gets through some framing, sheetrock, taping, spackling, etc. in the basement, and then, some well-deserved golfing... Keep in mind that this particular "magical transformation" has taken 3 years. I'm sure you get the idea. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)