Monday, January 20, 2014

~ another quilt along...

I've joined another quilt along.  I lost track of time and ended up not doing the one I posted about here: http://myhappybluebird.blogspot.com/2013/11/happy-sunday.html

This new quilt along is better!  It's for a worthwhile cause -- The Make-a-Wish foundation.  You can read about it here:http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/2013/12/introducing-wishes-quilt-along.html

Kimberly has created video tutorials and is distributing the patterns for each block free of charge.  If you do decide to join, kindly make a small donation to the Make-a-Wish foundation -- the links can be easily found on Kimberly's blog, and, the Fat Quarter Shop website.

So here's my first block!  I downloaded the free pattern, and, watched the video tutorial while I was making this.  I made some mistakes, but that's okay because I will continue to get better as I go along.  I am using the Downton Abbey fabric that I won from Fat Quarter Shop.

~ fabric preparation -- printed pattern -- youtube video on ipad...

~ preparing fabric for block 1

~ finished block one -- flying kites...

~ block 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)