Wednesday, January 15, 2014

~perspective...

Bright and cheery morning view from my front door...

~ perspective...


No, not really...this is the actual lighting...

~perspective...

How to do this?  No photoshop necessary!  To do this with your camera, switch to the setting "shooting into backlight".  Now choose the setting "set the metering to..." -- on my camera the metering is set to a dot in the center of a rectangle.

Photo 1 -- first I focus on the little wreath at the left side of the photo.  Press the shutter button halfway down, hold it, and move the camera slightly to the right so I am looking out the center of the door.  Press the shutter button all the way down.

Photo 2 -- The camera is still in the same position (photo 1) -- looking out the center of the door.  Simply press the shutter button all the way down.

Voila!  Two totally different looking photos :-)  Sorry, I am not able to explain this in more technical terms -- if that's what you need, you're way ahead of me!

Hope the weather is cheery where you are!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)