Friday, January 7, 2011

choosing to be busy...

So, here we are at the end of the first week of 2011 -- and I feel as if I am still going at the same speed as I was before the holidays.  If I don't think about it, I'm okay.  But if I do, then I need to sit down right here at the PC and give myself a little mental and physical break.  Right now I'm looking outside at the snow and dreaming of springtime...  Downstairs, waiting for me, is this pile -- I need to move it so that we can work on finishing part of the basement area.  The area that you are looking at in the photo is the southeast corner of the basement.  This area will have a couch and TV.  The floor will be wood laminate with an area rug.  There will be recessed lighting fixtures in the ceiling.  The walls will be sheetrock painted in a warm, lovely color.  There will be some open shelving to display collectibles and house dvd's, video games, etc.  I love the fact that the sun shines in through the single window until about noon -- so it is not a dark and dingy corner of the basement.  You cannot tell from the picture, but this part of the finished basement area will be approximately 16' x 16' or a bit larger.  Yes, this is only part of the project.  Stay tuned for more...  


So, that is where I am headed today -- while I am dreaming of springtime... 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yes, keep us posted. Sounds like a good winter project. Of course, snow shoveling will be cutting into the project. Another storm is-a-coming!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)