Friday, January 22, 2010

chasing away the winter blahs...

*the phone is on the fritz*
*rick received a jury duty notice in the mail*
*the builder is not going to fix the draft in sofia's room*

Okay, so it's the end of January. I need to "get away" from these everyday annoyances. I'm tired of the winter, already. Hope that groundhog doesn't see his shadow.

Since I am not the world traveller, I'm off to the "sunshine" in my kitchen. This is what we had last night for dinner:



I got the recipe from my new best friend -- Giada. Of course, she doesn't know that she is my new best friend -- but nonetheless, she is. Why? Because she has recipes that are easy, quick to make, and, my family actually gives me compliments on the food! Here is the link for this recipe -- Chicken Saltimbocca I didn't add the spinach -- Rick turned his nose up at it. We ate this with caesar salad and pasta (shells) with butter/cheese. As I was preparing the chicken, some pieces turned out to be too small to roll, so I fried those with panko (japanese breadcrumbs) for Sofia.

The most time consuming part of this meal was the chicken preparation. So, if you're not into the chicken cutting and flattening thing -- just buy the thin sliced chicken cutlets at the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)