Sunday, July 17, 2011

doin' my homework...


Work in progress...


First block completed!


I am so happy to show you my first completed block for the FWQAL!  I followed Lori Holt's tutorial -- and I love the result!  The fabric I am using for my first group of blocks is Moda Picket Fence by Chloe's Closet.  This fabric is from a few years ago.  I only have one charm pack -- so even though I love it, I will need to switch to another fabric after I make a few blocks.  I'll make a decision about the next fabric at that point.  Right now I'm off to work on my second block!  :-)   

EDIT:  Oh, NO!  I just realized when I looked at a closeup of the 2nd photo that I sewed my squares together the wrong way!  I think I need to make one of Lori's Mini Design Boards before I do my 2nd block!  

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I think it looks really great! That's going to be beautiful when you have completed it. A priceless piece of work!

    Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)