Friday, July 22, 2011

oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Right now the temperature is 97 degrees -- but the heat index is 107 degrees.  You can't even breathe outside -- so -- I had an excuse to stay inside and work on another FWQAL block!  Since this is my "fun time", I have to justify it -- otherwise I feel guilty.  I know I am not alone in this, so I won't elaborate on it.  Anyhoo, I did run errands this morning, and then I came home and did my chores -- so I deserve the fun!  Yay!  Here is my first block with HST (half square triangles).  They were so easy to do because of Lori Holt's tutorial.  I did make a mistake and cut out the first group of squares too small -- note to self -- look at your notes!  :-)  But, I found another piece of fabric that was similar to what I originally planned for those squares and recut them, so no harm done.  I also realized after I was all done that my stitch length setting was too long.  Other than that, this block was fun -- and I have gained a teeny bit of confidence -- so I am moving on to find the next block in the book that has HST!

 

2 comments:

  1. I hope your taking advantage of that beautiful pool. Did you mean that it is 97 degrees at 7:30 A.M. Boy, that's hot for that time of day. Square looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to be misleading -- it was 97 degrees at 4:39 p.m. on 7/21/11. I scheduled the post in advance so that it would appear on 7/22/11.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)