Monday, June 6, 2011

happy monday...

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend!  We spent ours running back and forth to the garden center -- this is the result of poor planning and a new area in the garden that I don't have firmly "planted" in my head yet!  Anyhoo... we finally added the rock to this area (see photo), so it is complete (for now).  The daylilies are blooming -- not just here -- we've seen the plain yellow ones in abundance everywhere.  I love that plant -- it is so low maintenance and reblooms all summer long...  I have some other different varieties (because when I find a plant I love I get a little greedy with it :-)  -- this one in the photo is a black eye stella with long flower stems.  It is touching the branches of the weeping cherry and is about 2 1/2 feet in height.


If you look at my background photo you will see another variety.  It is a plum color with larger flowers.  Right now it does not have any open blooms -- it takes its time -- and in past years has only bloomed for me until the end of June.  The first year I didn't even get a bloom, and now the plant is huge.

This is a new variety that we just picked up this weekend.  Rick picked it out -- it adds a pop of color to the area with the rose bush (planted last year) while it is regrouping to rebloom...


And I almost forgot about this variety -- it has lovely ruffled petals and is a lemony color...


And, of course, lots of these...!


I have at least 3 more varieties -- but they are not blooming yet -- and I'm not sure if they are rebloomers.  I post some photos of them when they unveil themselves... 

2 comments:

  1. You must live in a micro climate...none of my day lilies are any where near blooming!

    KF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head! The weather we get here is even different from the nearby surrounding areas...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)