Thursday, June 9, 2011

meet phil and fern...

...little phil, little fern...

April 2008

...Big phil, Big fern...

June 2011

These are the plants that reside in my sewing room from October until April each year.  For the other months, they sit happily on the front porch and watch the world go by...  "Phil" is now too big to sit in that corner --  his original location.  I just put him there for the June photo...  I purchased him at my local ShopRite -- and the 2008 photo shows him after I repotted him for the first time so he had grown a bit before I took that photo.  The pot that he lives in now is the third time I have repotted him.  The roots are growing up and out of this pot -- so if I repotted him again, he would probably get so big that I wouldn't be able to move him.  Does anyone out there have experience with philodendron?  I was thinking about dividing him, but then I would have a monster size Phil 1 and Phil 2 , plus, an extra large Fern to fight with in my sewing room during the winter months.  Oh, why do I put them in my sewing room?  Because, I can keep the door to that room closed so the kitties don't munch on them!

Any suggestions or comments about the care of Phil?  I just want to make sure I am taking proper care of him....    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)