Friday, June 4, 2010

did'ja see my lilies...

I was thinking that my lily garden was not living up to my expectations this year. Maybe all the surrounding plants have just gotten bigger, so, the lilies aren't standing out the way they did when they bloomed during their first summer here. The solid yellow lilies in the picture were brought from our home in NY. The others we have been adding year by year. Sofia mentioned last year that the lilies always bloom at the end of the school year -- and true to form, this is what happened to my lily garden within the past few days.



Even though you can't see it in the picture, there is an empty space that "needs" something to fill it. I would like to find a pink lily plant -- so I'll be off to the garden center, maybe later today. :-)

P.S. If you looked at this post on its original day (6/4/10), the white flowers were not in the picture. Those bloomed on 6/5/10 and I updated the picture for you to see them! The plant in the left corner of the picture is getting ready to bloom also, so I will update the picture when that happens. Sofia thinks that those flowers might be orange -- I am not sure because we planted it last year and it didn't produce any blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)