Wednesday, February 2, 2011

small basement project update...

So after the silly pictures in Sunday's post, here is a view of  the man cave part of the basement since this post...  Even though this is the "man cave" part of the project -- I LOVE it!


And, I thought you might be a bit bored just looking at a view of the corner of the room.  Even though it is the most important part of the project.  Why?  This part of the basement is below the area of the kitchen where we eat our meals.  In the winter, there is an annoying draft that sends chills up my back -- so much at times that I have to wear a hooded sweatshirt during dinner.  Crazy, right?

Anyhow, here is a view from the landing at the bottom of the steps looking towards the back wall.  Oh, you can hardly see the back wall because there's a whole lot of stuff in the way -- just squeeze your eyeballs through the framing on the left side of the photo, and the shelves holding magazines and toilet paper on the right side of the photo...

  
The framing on the left side of the photo will support the outside wall of an unfinished storage area.  The shelving on the right side of the photo will become a small unfinished closet (on the diagrams that are submitted for the permit, you can't call anything a "closet" -- you have to call it a "storage" area.  If you call it a closet, then that implies that someone will be living in the area, and you need to add an egress window or door.)  However, in real life, this is my closet, a.k.a. "Mommy's secret present room".  The only place in the entire house that belongs totally to me.  There is a lock on the door -- and I am the only one with the key.  I'm still not sure how large of  a space I deserve to call my own...  Any suggestions?  :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)