Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pot luck dinner - day 4

Today is Thursday... :-) Hooray, hooray! Since I am still catching up with laundry from last week while I was sick, I don't have time for a real day off -- but I am feeling great and that's just as good.

Last night, we had baked chicken for dinner. This is one of the easiest dinners to make. It practically makes itself!

----------------------------------------

Easy baked chicken

ingredients

-Chicken thighs and drumsticks -- I use as many as will fit in my roasting pan.

-I use the metal roasting pan that came with my oven. I am convinced this is the "magical" part of this recipe. I think this comes with all ovens -- it is the tray that sits under the vented tray in the broiler area of the oven.

-I use the original flavor barbeque sauce, but you can use any flavor you like.

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Defrost chicken pieces enough to break them apart. Wash thoroughly and pat with a paper towel.
-Line roasting pan with heavy duty foil. Place chicken pieces in roasting pan. They can touch, but not overlap. Overlapped pieces won't -cook properly.
-Lightly brush barbeque sauce on top of chicken.
-Cover with foil tent. I just lay the foil on top.
-Bake for 1 hour (45 minutes if chicken was not partially frozen when you put it in the oven)

We had ours with shells (pasta) and caesar salad. There are endless possibilities for side dishes to put with this. And... if there are leftovers, put those in the fridge and make chicken salad for lunch the next day!

I just noticed that the list of participants does not appear on the first page of my blog. Here is a link to that post so you can go and check out some other yummy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We really love hearing from you! :)